How lovely are these Valentine’s Day salt dough ornaments? They make great, personalised gifts for a loved one and look amazing in your home. Salt dough is surprisingly easy to make and is much more child-friendly.
You will need:
640g plain flour
360ml warm water
Instructions: 1. Combine all of the ingredients together until a smooth dough is formed. If the dough doesn’t form add a tiny bit more water but make sure it doesn’t get too wet.
2. Roll out the dough to an approximate 1cm thickness. 3. Using a shaped cookie cutter cut out the dough and cut a small round hole at the top of the dough ornament so you can thread ribbon through later.
4. Press your little one's hands or feet into the dough.
5. Leave to dry for approximately 2 days. You will need to flip occasionally to make sure both sides are dry.
6. Once the ornaments are dry, you can paint them. If you have older children you can ask them to paint the ornaments or you can paint them yourself. I do find acrylic paint works best.
7. Once the paint is dry, you can gift them or hang them up in your home!
What's so great about salt dough ornaments is that they are great for all occasions not just Valentine's Day! I'm sure any member of the family would be overjoyed to receive such a thoughtful gift.